Archive for the ‘Genghis Khan’ tag
Just back from Mongolia late last night but I still have tons of photos and video footage to share. Starting with some of the tourist spots I visited during my time in Mongolia (in the breaks between working and biking!).
- Sukhbaatar square, the main square in Ulaanbaatar.
- Giant Buddah and Zeisan war memorial.
- Terelj national park where I stayed in a Ger for the night (amazing waking up to all those oranges and blues)
- Bogd Khan winter palace (run down apart from one section that has been renovated)
- Giant stainless steal Genghis Khan statue. Really really big, and only built in 2006 – the plans are to surround it with smaller statues of his army.